What’s Cloud Computing and how could I apply it in the digital transformation of my company?
Sergio Carrasco||Digital transformation|5 min read
Cloud Computing is a technology which allows the user to access from any device connected to the Internet. It offers a wide range of functionalities and applications, **storing information on remote servers. **
Digital transformation allows the application of technology solutions to processes and products with the aim of improving efficiency and increasing the analysis capacity. This refers to a greater operational availability, decreases risk and facilitates new possibilities for increasing income.
Nowadays, there are many companies and organisations that have set their growth focus on export and internationalisation of their companies. In this sense, digital transformation consulting provides effective solutions to carry out the adaptation of strategies, with the necessary actions that embrace all the business aspects and present the actual technologies for modernise them.
What’s Cloud Computing?
Consolidate the digital transformation of your company according to these four essential aspects: business model transformation, end-to-end experience change, building infrastructure in the cloud and stablish and organisation data-based.
Cloud Computing is a business and technology service delivery model, that through the net allows the user to access to a standardised service repertoire, providing resources of flexibility, dimensioning and access together with digital transformation.
In a situation of constant change, the technology based on the platform of servers offered by the cloud, allows to adapt IT resources to the size and needs required in each situation.
This offers a huge dynamisation level, increasing the degree of automation, raising the capability to adapt in order to meet the demand and allowing to mobilise resources quickly according to the consumption made.
Where do applications reside when using Cloud Computing?
Applications reside in remote servers. Cloud computing uses the connection of user devices to centralised resources, so the bearer having a navigator with internet connection can access to the information from any part of the world. There are 3 cloud types. The choice depends on factors related to availability, performance, expectations and cost:
- Public cloud: Resources provided by a thrid one and always available online.
- Private cloud: Offers restricted access just to selected users.
- Hybrid Cloud: Allows the combination of the previous, sharing data and applications.
What’s digital transformation?
Companies digital transformation is the evolution and implementation of a change in organisational and entrepreneurial culture mindset inside a business.
This concept arises from the irruption of new technologies. It’s the evolution of strategy processing that allows to strengthen procedures and new business models as fundamental element of senior executives and managers mindset conversion, enabling processes and resources optimization and facilitating the possibility of getting better results.
Currently, companies digital transformation requires a new way of leading that has flexible and dynamic structures. Users and companies should be able to build and manage agile and open organisations in constant evolution to know and satisfy market needs without losing competitivity.
Which are the phases of a digital transformation process?
Each day, more companies join to achieve digital transformation, as this process became the enterprise DNA. The training in new technologies is the central axis.
It’s a planned process which requires commitment, dedication and an open attitude apertura to change, it’s important that people understand the reason of change, its impact and its advance.
The objectives have to be clearly set out and involve all the areas is imperative. Although digital transformation of the business doesn’t have to neccesary happen in the same process, could be contemplated according to the needs of the organisation. To be really effective, Para que realmente sea efectiva, should contain a cultural behaviour from the basis of the organisation.
The stages of a transformation process could be classified as follows:
- Identification: The aim of this stage is known in Depth all the benefits that technology provides for your company transformation. It’s a period of awareness and training on the use of Internet and social networks, in order to build relationships with your current and potential clients and adapt creative solutions which allow the integration of technology and that it could serve people. Doing so, it improves processes and offers a more satisfactory experience.
- Analysis: It’s important to conduct the investigation and search of opportunities which allow to consider the more suitable approach to change. To recognise the main variables of the business as: culture, skills and business model, makes it possible to choose the path to follow and allows to detect the agents of change.
- Transition: New technologies must be integrated, agile and efficient, both for the company and the customers. This experience requires the involvent of all teams to offer an internal strategic communication, that allows to manage digital transformation and to drive internal alignment of the new business vision.
- Execution: After having set the strategy and capabilities for the entire organisation, it’s time to start implementing projects and programmes using digital tools to measure and evaluate the most profitable strategies for the company.
- Optimisation: At this stage, results start to become apparent and we can observe the real benefits of transformation in process optimisation. That is, it is important to have a digital strategy which addresses clear objectives in the action plan and to develop processes of continuous improvement, planify, do, measure and act, making it simpler the improvement of the process.
What does Cloud Computing bring to digital transformation processes?
Nowadays, cloud operations are essential and indispensable elements to back up and to reach the digital transformation of business objectives.
Cloud computing permit the removal of barriers to specialisation, productivity and costs to equip the organisation with Agility and flexibility to advance and solve the problems they encounter in the market and in the economy. This approach takes advantage of the benefits of new technologies. Another important aspect to consider concerns the change from a physical economy (office, files, paper, ink, etc.) to a digital economy which depends on data Exchange through electronic platforms, facilitating access to the information, multiplying the volumen of disposable data, which in turn became patterns of consumption and communication.
We can highlight the contribution of Cloud Computing as the ally in digital processes and it facilitates its use in profit of:
- Pay-per-use: You pay for the consumption made.
- Mobility: Access the cloud from anywhere.
- Security: Protection of the information.
- Flexibility: Adjust resources and adapts to change.